Poem by Emily Dickinson
YOU Cannot Put a Fire Out addresses Earth’s current and increasing climate instability due to our use of fossil fuels, against the thought that ultimately we are defenseless against powerful natural forces. 2018 was the deadliest and most destructive wildfire season in California history. The “Camp Fire” destroyed the town of Paradise in Northern California on November 8, 2108. The 2018 Atlantic hurricane season was the third in a consecutive series of above average and damaging Atlantic hurricane seasons, featuring fifteen named storms, eight hurricanes, and two major hurricanes. On September 5, Florence became the first major hurricane of the season. Woodcut images are modeled after the wildfire in Paradise and Hurricane Florence.
- Woodcut imagery constructed into pop-ups, text is laser cut, on Legion Colorplan paper
- Four pop-up up spreads with concertina spine and separate hard covers
- 8 x 9.75 x 1 inches, closed
- Signed, limited edition of 30
- To order, please contact the artist.